The Finance Department is responsible for effectively managing the financial resources of the Ministry of Gender in order to facilitate implementation of programmes.
Mobilize and manage Financial resources.
The Department is responsible for the following functions:
- Preparation and submission of financial management reports in order to comply with financial regulations and facilitate informed decision-making.
- Development and implementation of internal controls in order to enhance transparency and accountability in the utilization of financial and material resources.
- Maintenance of expenditure and commitment ledgers in order to ensure that public funds are appropriately utilized.
- Collect and account for Government Resources in order to safeguard public resources and support the budget.
- Accounting for assets in order to safeguard public property.
- Prepare and submit annual audited accounts in order to facilitate decision-making.