Planning and Information Department
The Planning and Information Department is responsible for planning, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of gender and child development programmes in order to facilitate the development and implementation of appropriate interventions.
The role of the department is to coordinate planning, budgeting, inter-department programmes and projects in order to ensure their effective implementation. It will also coordinate the formulation and review of relevant policies and legislation in order to provide appropriate guidance as well as coordinate the budgeting process in the Ministry.
The department is mainly responsible for the following objectives in the Strategic Plan 2013 – 2016:
Objective 3: To develop and review policies and legislation on gender and child development in order to provide an appropriate legal framework for effective implementation of gender and child programmes in the country.
Objective 4: To advocate and raise awareness on gender and child issues in order to promote the attainment of the rights of women, men and children.
Objective 7: To plan, monitor and evaluate effectively, the implementation of gender and child development programmes in order to facilitate the development and implementation of appropriate interventions.
In order to realize this role, the department will undertake the following specific functions:
- Coordinate Cabinet and Parliamentary Business;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the National Gender and Child Policies;
- Coordinate planning, implementation and review of the Ministry’s strategic plan;
- Develop, harmonise and implement a comprehensive M&E system for effective deployment of the institutional strategy;
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive information management system;
- Coordinate research on gender and child-related issues;
- Coordinate the preparation of the Ministry’s Annual budget and monitor budget performance;
- Develop and implement mechanisms for undertaking advocacy programmes on gender and child issues;
- Undertake the compilation and publication of reports and documents on gender and child issues;
- Manage the Documentation Centre in the Ministry; and
- Formulate project proposals for the mobilisation of resources.